Qubani ka Meetha is a simple but delicious dessert form Hyderabad.It is a must served dessert in Hyderabadi weddings.The name of this dessert comes from Urdu,for Qubani means apricots in urdu.It came to existence during the moghal kingdom. It gives a rich appeal for your party occasions.It's easy to be made,does not consume much time,unlike any-other desserts.The end product is similar to a honey like taste.Try it once and i am damn sure this dessert will occupy in your fav list.
- Dried Apricots- 10-12(approx 50gms)
- Sugar- 2 Tbsp
- Wash the dried apricots once and soak them overnight.
- Next day,slit open the swollen apricots and remove the seed inside .You can break the kernel of the seed,with the help of a stone mortar-pestle and reserve the badam like seed for final decoration.
- Do not discard the water which we used for soaking,reserve this water too.
- In a pan pour the reserved water and bring to boil.When the water starts bubbling add the soaked apricots and let it boil for 10-12mins in medium low flame.You can cover the pan with a lid and check the water level.You can add some boiling water if you find the water has reduced.
- At this stage the color of apricots would have changed ,now add the sugar stir it for a while and cover with a lid.Let them cook well and when the water level has reduced switch off the flame,it takes about 5-7mins.And now our dessert is done.
- While serving ,top the dessert with the reserved badam like seed (from step 2) .This dessert could also be accompanied with ice-cream,custard,whipping cream.It tastes heavenly.Serve Chilled.