Wheat ,being a staple food of North-India,also included in South-Indian's meal, but not as their routine food.South-Indian's staple food can be said as rice.Nowadays due to the awareness of diabetes, wheat and its products are consumed in huge level compared to that of rice.It's good to take wheat in our diet.Also a good thing about this is ,its a low calorie food.Wheat reduces the risk of diabetes,cardio diseases and controls obesity too.So people who plan their diet,will generally reduce the intake of rice and replace it with wheat and vegetables.And it's rich fiber content helps in constipation related problems.And it has a loads of vitamins and minerals,proteins and lots of medicinal benefits,I can't complete this post if i start writing about the Wheat benefits.So if you wish to add the benefits of wheat to your body,do make it a part of your daily meal.We have wheat based menu's like chapathi,phulka's,parotta and so and so..Just for a change try to make this you will love to have it the next time.And it's a easier menu to prepare for your dinner or breakfast.Coming to my ingredients,whole wheat dosa also can be prepared instead of adding a portion of rice flour(as i have added below in my recipe).But some people especially kids hate to have it,because of it's sticky nature.So to satisfy the people at home ,I've included the rice flour along with wheat flour,which gives a crispy dosa.
Serves 2 -3
Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
Rice Flour - 1/4 Cup
Jeera seeds - 1 tsp
Chopped Onions - 1/2 Cup
Green Chilly - 2 to 3
Curry Leaves - few
Water - as reqd
Salt - as reqd
Oil - as reqd
- In a wide bowl add rice flour,wheat flour,jeera and salt .Give a mix with your ladle once to ensure even mixing of salt.Add chopped onion,chopped green chilly and curry leaves.Add water and mix throughly without any lumps.The consistency of the batter should be in a running consistency.Keep the batter aside for 10 -15minutes.
- In a hot tawa spread oil and take a ladle full batter and pour the batter from the egde like ,as you do for rava dosa. Donot spread like our ordinary dosa.Keep the flame in Medium-High.Drizzle some oil if you wish around the dosa and flip it over.Let them cook on the other side too.Remove from the tawa once done.
- Serve hot with red hot chutney or coconut chutney.
- Can add grated ginger,grated coconut and grated carrot to give an yummy look for kids.
- Can reduce the amount of rice flour to 1 to 2 Tbsp,if you want a more wheat flour version.