Whole Wheat Custard Sponge Cake,a recipe took from Priya Suresh Sis space.Today is her birthday ,so to celebrate her birthday as her co-bloggers and friends we people decided to make some bake from her space and a dessert from our own kitchen.Recently i was using All purpose flour/Maida frequently .i wanted to take some healthy cakes from her space,which does not require too much of time.I found her's whole wheat custard cake recipe which sounds to be simple and interesting ,i was very much impressed with the simple and easy cake ,even though i say it's a simple cake,the taste of the cake was superb.I could find the flavor of both wheat and custard in a single menu.
This cake is dedicated to the virtual birthday party for Priya Suresh Sis.Sis Happy Birthday
Please find the flan recipe in my next post ,which also goes to the virtual treat for Priya Suresh sis.
This is a perfect sponge cake made with wheat flour.I loved these yellow colored cakes.You could find below how spongy the cake is.
All purpose flour - 1/2cup
Castor Sugar - 1cup
Baking powder - 1tsp
Baking soda - 1/2tsp
Vanilla extract - 1tsp
Eggs - 2
Custard powder - 1/2cup
Oil -1/2cup (I used refined sunflower oil)
Yogurt - 1cup
- Preheat the oven to 325F/180C
- Sieve the flours, baking powder,baking soda and custard powder together and keep aside.
- Beat the eggs until they turn fluffy then add the castor sugar and beat once.Then add the oil and yoghurt and again beat for a while. Don't over mix them.
- Now mix the vanilla extract,already sieved flours gradually to the wet ingredients with a spatula, dont over mix the cake batter.Pour the batter in a greased tin.
- In a preheated Oven bake them for 30-35 min.
My cake is ready now.