Recently i received a pack of Hudson Canola Oil -1Ltr,Having heard about Hudson's Canola oil through some of my blogger friends,I was excited to receive my portion.Along with the pack they sent me a list of recipes which i can recreate and post on behalf of Hudson,but since a long time i was planning to make this chilli idly i opted to make this recipe using Hudson Canola oil.In fact i was waiting for this recipe to be done using Canola oil.Do you know why i was very much excited about this Canola oil.I will share the best features that Hudson's Canola Oil holds with it...
About Canola Oil
The Canola plant belongs to a family of plants called crucifers.All crucifers have four yellow petals in the shape of a cross.The yellow flower produces seed pods.Each seed pod contains 20-30 round seeds,which are crushed to extrude Canola oil.Canola belongs to a section of crucifers called Brassica.Other Brassica plants include Mustard,Brussels sprouts,Cabbage,Cauliflower,Broccoli and Turnip.
Hudson Canola Oil
Hudson Canola oil comes to you directly fro the state-of-the-art facilites in the Prairie regions of western Canada,where Canola was first discovered.Brought to you by Dalmia Continental,owners of Leonardo Olive Oil,Hudson Canola Oil is another pioneering effort to introduce healthy cooking oils into every Indian home.
Health Benefits of Canola
- Canola has the lowest content of oils,of saturated fat or 'bad' fat .Saturated fat leads to fatty deposits in arteries,obesity,increases in cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Canola has very high content of Monounsaturated Fatty Acid(MUFA),which reduces bad cholestrol (LDL) and trglycerides.High MUFA helps to prevent heart diseases and brain haemorrhage.
- Canola has very high content of Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid(PUFA),which protects again heart diseases and stroke.
- Beneficial 2:1 content ratio of Omega-6 PUFA to Omega-3 (high intake of Omega-6 is inadvisable), to balance excessive Omega-6 intake in normal, everyday diet. Most other oils have high Omega-6 content.
- Zero trans-fats. Trans fats lower good cholesterol (HDL) and increase bad cholesterol (LDL) as well as total cholesterol.
- Great source of Vitamin E antioxidant (highest among heart-healthy oils), which fights free radical damage and reduces risk of heart disease, cancer and memory loss.
- and not but not the least,Canola Hudson Canola oil has been introduced to the Indian kitchen after extensive research and insight into its suitabilty for Indian cooking methods.Hudson Canola oil can be used for all types,methods and varieties of Indian cooking:frying,roasting or grolling.
Canola is neutral in flavor and aroma,with no distinctive taste or smell.Indian food tastes as good with Canola as with Sunflower,Corn or any other oil.Canola does not impact any color to the food or change its appearance.I was really happy to use the Hudson Canola oil in my kitchen, and the dishes i made really tasted good as like Sunflower/Refined oil ,I didn't find any change in flavor,aroma and taste as well.Noting the best features in Canola i will definitely opt for Canola oil in future.Ok Lets switch over to the recipe Chilli Idly.
Left over idli - 4-5
Large Onion - 1
Green Chillies - 2 to 3
Spring Onions - 2 sticks
Coriander Leaves - few
Ginger-Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1tsp
Soya Sauce - 1.5 tsp
Tomato Ketchup - 2 to 3 tsp
Cornflour - 1 tsp
Water - as reqd
Oil- as reqd (Here i used Hudson Canola Oil)
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Salt - a pinch
- If you have left over idlis take them and cut them in cubes.Also cube the onion's.Chop the spring onion and slit in crosswise the green chillies.Once done pour the oil(I used Hudson Canola Oil) .And fry the cubed idli's.
- Fry all the cubed idli;s and place them in a tissue paper to let the tissue paper absorb the excess oil.In a kadai add oil and add the ginger garlic paste and saute them.Once the raw smell of the ginger garlic paste has gone off add the cubed onions.
- Saute the cubed onions until it turns translucent ,then add the slit green chillies.Saute for atleast 30 seconds.Then add the sauces,red chilli powder,salt and sugar.Remember all the sauces have salt in it ,so add the salt accordingly.Saute for awhile.Meanwhile mix the cornflour with water and make a paste.
- Mix the cornflour paste to the kadai and mix immediately.Allow the cornflour to cook for a while,or until bubble's start to show off.Don't leave the kadai mix on without leaving a gap.Then add the fried idli's and mix well.
- Ensure the idli's are covered with the sauce mix and finally add chopped coriander and spring onions and serve.
Serve Immediately.Enjoy crunchy Chilli Idli or Idli Manchurian.