Eggless Vanilla Cupcake


This is a one such recipe which i planned to try it out, on the note to present my MIL who is a pure vegetarian.I was looking for a fool-proof recipe and finally landed on Pavithra's space.Looking at the outcome of her cupcakes made me feel comfort.It looked airy,moist and overall it has no egg's and ofcourse no butter too.How good it sounds..."Eggless,Butterless" looks fatless right.I have made a quite few eggless cake.But this time i wanted to try out with cupcakes.More than a cake, a cupcake is even more attractive.








To say about the outcome,it was fab..A must try out cake recipe for pure veggies.And at last you will get their applause for sure...Since i made it for a special occasion at my home.I gave buttercream-icing and simple glaze icing on the top of these cupcakes. I will post the buttercram-icing recipe my future posts.So friends if you are searching for an eggless,butterless cake/cupcake you can definitely follow this post and surprise your pals.The one important thing before proceeding is the cake flour,which is used in this post.Cake flour is easier to make at home.




Cake Flour

All purpose flour / Maida - 1Cup
Corn flour - 2 Tbsp
For every one cup of maida remove 2 Tbsp of maida from it.
And replace the 2 Tbsp with 2Tbsp of corn flour
Sift the flour 3 times.

You can store this flour use  for all your cupcakes.







I have made this cake preparation in a slightly deviated way  from the original recipe,where the dry ingredients are mixed at once and sifted.And then mixed to the wet ingredients.In my method i have added the yogurt,where the original recipe calls for buttermilk,and sugar and added baking soda allowed them to form bubbles and mixed my flour.Both the methods will give a good result of cupcakes.I have tried the two methods and for posting purpose i have shared my method.


Ingredients


Recipe Source:Dishesfrommykitchen

Makes 6 - 8 cupcakes


Cake Flour - 120 gm 
Castor Sugar - 60 gm
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
Yogurt - 1/2 Cup (Can use homemade yogurt-I used homemade)
Oil - 1/2 Cup 
Vanilla Essence- 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp (I didn't use)
Food Color - 1 tsp (optional)


Method


  • Grease the cupcake liners.Preheat 180C.
  • In a wide bowl add the yogurt,sugar mix well.Then add the baking soda,baking powder mix well and leave it aside for 5 minutes.


  • After 5 minutes you will find the bubbles on the top layer.Then add oil mix well.Add the four ,essence mix well.


  •  Add the food color finally and mix evenly in one direction.Then scoop out the batter and pour a spoonful amount of batter to the cupcake liners.Note to pour only 3/4 of the cupcake liner,not more than that.



  • Bake for 12-15 minutes at 180 C. 




I did buttercream and glaze icing to the cupcakes.





11 comments: