Dear readers for those who are fond of Fish fingers,here is my recipe.Fish Fingers ,are always prioritized for kids as it is less spicy ,boneless and crispy .It occupies in most of the restaurant menu.While it's simple to make at home,although lots of frozen sections have this well packed and soled.Its a wiser choice to make it at home which satisfies our heart as well as our pocket.Here comes this wonderful snack, as well as a starter.
This crispy fries are loved by all.Preparing these fish fingers are absolutely simple And once the preparation is over you can store it in refrigerator for a couple of days,some may store under refrigeration for atleast a week,but generally i don't prefer storing it for a long period.Use it as soon as possible,esp with the non-veg items.The fish fillets i have used here is basa ,which is said to be a fresh water fish.Get them cut as 3'-4' inch sticks.
Basa Fish Fillets - 600 gmEgg(whites)- 3 No's
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 Tbsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 Tbsp
Chilli Powder - 1.5 Tbsp (according to the spice increase or decrease)
Maida - 3 Tbsp
Black Pepper - 2 Tbsp (crushed/powdered)
Bread Crumbs - 1.5 Cup
Salt - as needed
- Wash the fish fingers and marinate in ginger garlic paste along with salt for 10 minutes.In a bowl get the egg whites separated .With the help of a mixer just beat it under pulse mode 4 to 5 times.And transfer the beaten egg whites to a bowl.Add required amount of salt ,chilli powder,pepper,maida and wisely mix with a spoon.
- The batter should be thick and of flowing consistency.Add the spice batter to the marinated fish and mix well to ensure all the fillets are coated with the batter..Allow it to marinate for about to 20 to 40 minutes ,you can transfer the marination to the refrigerator.
- Remove the marination from refrigerator.In a wide plate spread the bread crumbs and take single fish finger and coat it with bread crumbs and keep it a plate or box.
- Repeat it for all the fish fingers.Once done it is ready to be fried.Or you could transfer the box closed with a lid, in the freezer section of your refrigerator and when needed you can immediately fry .
- No need to thaw them before frying.
- Serve with tomato sauce/ketchup.
- While frying do not keep the flame in high ,just try to keep the flame in low-medium one for the even colored and well cooked fish fingers.
- While coating with breadcrumbs try to give a press with your fingers to the pieces so that the breadcrumbs would tightly catch the batter,this will help the breadcrumbs not coming out while frying.
- Chilli powder can be increased o decreased according to your taste buds.Can also you kashmiri chilli powder.
- Mine was two full fillets which weighed 600 gms approx,if you are using lesser quantity of fish reduce the ingredients accordingly.
- Instead of breadcrumbs coating i tried crushed oats and cornflakes coating which also turned out to be so crispy but little bit harder than the breadcrumb ones.I missed to click those pieces.If you wish you could give it a try for few pieces.